Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Fooling Yourself



While the song isn't played in the course of the book, the album is referenced. I just realized that a few lyrics are ironic in context of the plot.

Unrelated, but of interest, here's my 2006 interview with (now) out gay former bass player Chuck Panazzo, who now sometimes tours with the re-formed version of the band. He was also one of celebrity ambassadors at Gay Games VII in Chicago. It was so neat to meet him there.

Oh, and the day I posted this, I noticed that there was a ticket sales link on YouYube for their concert in Concord tonight. As I type this, they're probably playing this song.

Personally, Styx was one of those amazing '70s bands that inspired me to learn to play the piano. But that's another novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment