Thursday, August 1, 2024

Life "Lessons" - my interview in Philadelphia Gay News


Publicity is hard to come by even for an award-winning author, apparently. 

Here's my pithy Q&A with Greg Shapiro published in Philadelphia Gay News

An excerpt:

Gregg: I’m guessing that you’ve been out of high school for a while. However, you’ve succeeded in giving the setting gravitas and authenticity. What are the rewards and challenges for you when it comes to writing about the 1970s?
 

Me: I feel a kind of responsibility to describe that era because those who experienced that are part of an elder generation that needs to tell their stories. It’s also a very rich time in terms of music, fashion, good or bad, and just the whole era of it was innocent in some ways. And since the 1970s are now 40 years ago, I like to presume that it could be considered historical fiction.

 Read the full interview.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment